POINT SUR INVESTORS LLC
Last updated: 01/07/2016
Point Sur Investors LLC, a California limited liability company (“Company”, “PSI” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you in connection with your use of our website www.pointsurinvestors.com (our “Site”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Site, both automatically and information that you provide to us.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and PSI.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- PSI offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- any third party.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site. Some information is collected from all visitors who access our Site (“Visitors”), while other information is only collected from those Visitors who apply for a password to access password-restricted areas on our Site (“Users”).
The following is a list describes some of the information that we may collect from you:
- For all Visitors, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, your IP Host address, the pages that you have viewed and the time spent viewing them while accessing our Site.
- For all Users, in addition to the information collected for Visitors, the additional information that you provide to use when you apply for a password to access password-restricted areas of our Site.
We collect this information:
- For Users, you will provide such information to us when you apply for a password to access password-restricted areas of our Site.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect from Users on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided when you applied for a password to access password-restricted areas of our Site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As Visitors navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as the webpage that you may be linking from to access the Site.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Site, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To improve our Site.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For those Users who apply for a password to access password-protected areas of our Site, to determine whether you are qualified to receive additional information regarding PSI and its affiliates.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose any information about our Visitors or Users to third parties, excepting certain business intelligence consultants and service providers. Any general tracking information that we collect our Visitors will be anonymized. All personal information about our Users will not be anonymized.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, quality assurance tracking, and other functions.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PSI or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Users can review and change their personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. Information about Visitors is anonymized and cannot be reviewed or changed.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Do Not Track
We do not track or respond to browser “Do Not Track” requests.
Visiting Our Site from Outside of the United States
Data Security and Information Storage
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Such measures may include the use of firewalls, secure socket layers, and other systems consistent with standard industry practices. We consistently work to improve our security measures. However, no security system is foolproof and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Children under Age 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us or use the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site, register on the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.